Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My experiences as a car salesman!

I will be editing this post in the future, this is just a start.

About two months ago I began working as a saleman at Mathews Ford in Newark, OH. I was fired last Thursday, so everything I say here might not be totally objective, but it is true in my experience.

First of all, I want to say that there are several people of integrity involved in the car business, and there are several motivated by netharious motives. The motive which motivates some is "GREED"! Greed has long been identified as one of the deadly sins, and so it is.

I will atempt, as objectively as possible to express observations and experiences. I will not use the language used towards me as I was called a GD MF'n liar ... and more shocked when Management defended them. Of course such statements were conversational English for some in management.

GREED is the operational word. Some who have no education or skills beyond that of sex. intimidation, or the gift of flirting and the ability to lie. make over $100,000 a year. This was supposed to be the motivation in bringing me to surrender all my ethics and surrender to the "business."

As I post this bog, I will reveal everything I know .... so hold on!

I have been raised, as indeed have all of my family with the Christian ethic which says the most rewarding act of life is serving and benefiting someone else! These people seem to be motivated by nothing more thn pure greed! I found it reprehsible!! One of the managers told me I needed to have more drive .... duh .... well you sir need to be more driven by peoples needs then your own pocketbook!

Speaking of pocketbooks. There are Salespeople working at Mathews who make over $125,000 a year. Now there are currently 15 salespeople, 4 Managers. I do not begrudge anyone earning a fair wage, but when over $2,000,000 is basically manipulated out of peoples pocketbooks it moves from honest gain to dishonest!

No comments: