Saturday, October 27, 2007

Render Unto Ceaser

When Christ said, “Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesars’ and unto God the things that are Gods’” He clearly expressed the reality that there are those parts of a believers existence which are not a part of the Divine, and those that are. Obviously I can not disassociate my faith from those areas of my life which are part of the “worldly existence.” I must be ever conscious of the great difference between the two.

The scripture makes it plain that we are to have our faith affect our life in the world, not the world our faith or worship. In this day of a “user friendly” mentality, many churches have gone out of their way to make attendees feel comfortable. I was always of the persuasion that the unbeliever should feel at least a little uneasy in the Church. Isn’t that a part of what conviction is? Now I am not talking about being made to feel uncomfortable because of unfriendliness, but rather because of the loving yet unquestionable conviction of the Holy Spirit. When many are proclaiming such marvelous movings of the Holy Spirit I don’t understand why the unbeliever is so at home, and conviction so lacking.

Could it be that what is Caesars’ and what is Gods’ have somehow become merged into one?

I trust each of us affect the world around us. But never let the Church be changed into conformity with the world l! The Church and the world are as distinct as … well …the CHURCH AND THE WORLD.

No comments: