Saturday, January 5, 2008

Funeral

I have conducted hundreds of funerals over my life. Today I had a most marvelous experience. I had opportunity to minister to a family mixed with democrats and republicans, jews and gentiles! The wonderful lady I memorialized was the founder of the abused womens shelter her in Newark, as well as many other wonderful accomplishments. Her last wish was to have someone conduct her service who would be inclusive of her entire family.

I did my best and was motivated by the fact that I really liked this lady! No I had never met her, but show me someones interests and I can show you the person!

I spoke from Isaiah chapter 1, where God told Judah that he was tired of their sacrifices and empty praises, and that by caring for the orphans and widows they would "though your sins be as scarlet be white as snow!"

What marvelous testimony of caring!! It is a shame that the Church is more concerned with their mansions then mercy and justice!

The family, Christian and Jewish were touched by the service! But no more than me!!

"Blessed are the peace makers ..."

No comments: