Monday, November 5, 2007

Why would I think PC's had changed??

As is well known I have been an avid Mac fan for the last several years.

Recently due to many variables I decided to return to the PC community. Two years ago I bought my wife a Gateway laptop for Christmas, and since she has been very pleased with it, I decided I would get a Gateway.

I purchased a professional level laptop (Gateway has sold it's Professional Division to MFC).Rather than make this a novel, let me just say that several weeks of calls to support due to numerous problems, my computer finally had a complete crash! I had to do a complete new install. I lost all the programs thant I bought from Gateway with my computer. But that wasn't supposed to be any problem because they were all on the restore disk. only problem being my restore disk was empty!! Sheesh!!!

So now I am waiting for a restore disk, my computer has been restored.

Because of my experience with PC's I had a backup of all my data.It has been quite a week!!MFC's tech support ranges from the totally inept to the very knowledgable! Before doing anything make sure which you have. This nightmare was not necessary if I had contacted my last tech support first.

No comments: