Friday, December 7, 2007

It has been alittle while

... since I have posted anything, so I thought I would. I just got in from shoveling our diveway. We got 5" on Wedenesday, and , probably another 3 today. It is supposed to turn to sleet later, and I think it is actually changeing now. Our average is only 30" a year so based on that we will only receive another 22 inches this year. Somehow I doubt that!

I have been following the political happenings rather closely.

Mit Romneys speach on Mormonism was very interesting and might I say very Presidential. For some reason however I find him very plastic.

Gov. Huckabee has aparently become the darling of the religious right. You know, the same religious right who gave us, don't insure the kids Bush. I read an article today which condemned McCain because he was against a Consstitutional Chane banning Gay marriage. He had the audacity to say it was a State issue! Duh, if I remember right my marriage liscense was issued by a State! They love to use the catch concerns of Gays and Abortion. Saints, they are not the only issues, and if we got a real Constitutionalist like Ron Paul the States would get to make the determination, and when the voters vote, like they did on Gay marriage here in Ohio, abortion would also be made illegal. What gives the Federal Government the authority on issues not granted them in the Constitution?

I officially begin my 13th year of Pastoring here in Newark! There have been many rough times, but it is home now. I cancelled Church Wednesday because of the snow and I think there were some not too pleased with the decision. While driving by Church time wasn't too bad, our lot had not been plowed so I had no other choice.

more later ...

No comments: