Sunday, November 11, 2007

Another car buying tip!

This is from Yahoo finance:

Monthly Payment

2. "I can afford this much per month."

"Don't tell the dealer what you're willing to pay per month. This is the biggest mistake a shopper can make. Often the dealer will focus on a monthly payment scheme, insisting you are receiving a great deal, but at the end of the day you won't really know what you paid, advises Gentile.

"If the dealer can get a number out of you, a common trick is to ask if you can squeeze out a slightly higher monthly payment, then raise the bottom-line price accordingly by hundreds or even thousands. Avoid this by insisting that you focus only on the purchase price. Walk away if the salesperson only wants to talk in monthly payments."

Notice Yahoo calls this a scheme!!! Has anyone shopped at Mathews lately?????

I accept the honor bestowed on me by having been fired "because I wouldn't fit in!" Exactly!! I will not participate in a scheme! I guess when I was told, "it's not going to work". that was very, very, accurate!!! Thanks Kenny Wilson for showing me reality!

You can read the whole Yahoo article here:

http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/article/103787/Things-to-Never-Say-to-a-Dealer

No comments: