Sunday, November 11, 2007

Labels are Libels!!

I just received a phone call from an obviously disgruntled member of some Church. She asked me .... are you Cleveland or Anderson!! I told her Cleveland, and she abrubtly said "thank-you ...bye!"

She knows nothing about us except what the stereotypes and "experiences" have taught her. She knows nothing about US!! It is so shameful!

I would run very quickly from the behavior and practices of what some members of my own faith group would espouse. Probably quicker than a Church of God, Anderson.

It is all part of the labels being libels! Just because we are living in this world, don't think we are the same as those you have met, seen, or read about!

Dear Sister, I hope you took longer than 30 seconds to learn your husband was not a pedophile, a wife abuser, or an alcoholic before you married!

If you had taken time to learn about us, you would have learned we are not some name it and claim it, properity pimps, holy rollers, but rather a scripturally grounded (I have a Masters Degree), loving community of believers.

No comments: